We are pleased to present a brief note on variety of activities under taken by Shree V.D. Parekh Andh Mahila Vikas Gruh Rajkot for education and community based rehabilitation of blind girls
Aims and objectives:
The prime objective of the institution is to educate and train the blind girls in such a way so that they can live their life as a contributing member in rapidly changing society of ours.
Shree V.D. Parekh Andh Mahila Vikas Gruh is a non-governmental grant in aid organization for blind girls recognized by the Directorate of Social Defence, Gujarat state, Gandhinagar. This institution has been working for academic education, vocational training and socio economic rehabilitation of girls with visual impairment since last 64 years here in Rajkot.
Following facilities are provided to the blind students free of cost by the institution:
- Specially designed educational aids such as Braille writing frames with Stylus, Perkins Brailler, Tailor frame with mathematical types, Braille compass and abacus.
- Text books and other additional reading material in Braille.
- A laptop with screen reading software.
- “Angel” and "Plex Talk" for easy access to educational and other reading material with facilities like talking digital daisy player, E-book reader, Music Player, Radio cum voice recorder etc.
- Musical instruments for training in music.
- Sports kits for indoor and outdoor games.
- Uniform to school going students.
- Mess and hostel facilities.